Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Returning Fulbright Award! Summer 2012



I was awarded a returning Fulbright grant and will be heading back to Moldova in July and August.  I will be working on a research project about the impact of decisions of the European Court of Human Rights on legal and constitutional reform in Moldova.

I will also be making preparations for my Spring 2013 Alternative Spring Break Study Abroad Course. (I will be bringing students to Moldova for a comparative politics course studying the history, government, and politics of the Republic of Moldova.)

I am bringing my 7-year-old daughter with me, and I am working with her on her Kids Care project (for her 2nd grade Gifted Class).  She is working on 2 community service projects in Moldova (one with Casa Gavroche in Chisinau and the other with a Peace Corps Volunteer in Telenesti).

Making progress on the logistics for the trip -- airfare booked, housing secured, summer camp arrangements made, conversational Romanian and Russian lessons during drive time, packing....  (One pleasant surprise re: logistics for this 2012 trip is that the CDC recommendations for travelers to Moldova have changed.  We don't need any vaccines this time!)

We are looking forward to our new adventures. Wish us a "Drum Bun"!


No comments:

Post a Comment