Saturday, July 28, 2012

La Strada

Those of you following this blog know that in the Fall 2011 semester I partnered with my colleague Dr. Svetlana Suveica at the American Studies Center at Moldova State University. Our students worked together on joint research projects about human trafficking in the US and Moldova.

It was a pleasure to meet our colleague and expert from the NGO LaStrada who assisted our students with their projects. 

We presented her with a copy of the book that we published that includes the students' research papers and powerpoint presentations -- as well as materials from La Strada.

We discussed ideas for meetings/programming with La Strada when I return to Moldova with my students enrolled in my Study Abroad course in Spring 2013.

For more information about La Strada, click here

http://www.lastrada.md/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment