Thursday, December 23, 2010

International Cooperation, continued







On Monday, I had gotten together at Roberts with several colleagues from ULIM. When we said Good Bye/La Revedere, we made plans to get together later in the week to have dinner.

We met at ULIM on Thursday after COB and walked to a French cafe on 31 August Str. On the way, we stopped to take photos at the grand Christmas tree in front of the Parliament Building. And, for the first time, Peggy and I took a photo with the mangy tiger who hung out around the Arch of Triumph that we passed so many times when en route to the playground. (Often sitting on a bench, with his tiger head off, smoking a cigarette. That naughty tiger!) In any case, he leapt into our photo, and I was happy to pay the 10 MDL to have him join us.

I had been to this French cafe a few times (they have great quiche!), but had never been upstairs. It turns out they have a playground as well as one of those paint-a-piece-of-pottery places upstairs. So Peggy was happily entertaining herself while I had one last visit with friends from ULIM. I truly feel blessed to have had the opportunity to work with such wonderful colleagues. I will miss ULIM!

At this point we were to leave Chisinau in 2 days. Which was still very hard to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment