Sunday, April 8, 2012

USFSP International Week: International Research & Cultural Exchange





During USFSP's International Week in March 2012, faculty organized a mini-conference over lunch during which faculty from each of the colleges would share their international research and teaching initiatives. The idea was that this opportunity to meet with colleagues in other colleges might stimulate new research, service, and/or teaching ideas and possibly interdisciplinary co-author relationships.

Of my current projects, I chose to share materials about my project working with Dr. Svetlana Suveica during the Fall 2011 semester (in which my students in Women and the Law worked together in groups with students at Moldova State on research projects related to human trafficking (more detailed information contained in earlier posts on this blog) as well as a project in my Civil Liberties and Civil Rights class this semester [in which my students working on comparative legal research papers about women’s rights in the Middle East were paired with a woman lawyer from that country (we partnered with the Women’s Lawyer Group in the Middle East) who mentored them on their projects (see my blog www.womensrightsinmiddleeast.blogspot.com for more information about this project)].

This was an engaging event, and one that I hope will become a tradition during USFSP's International Week programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment