Tuesday, July 3, 2018

In Memory of Teodor Taranu

I heard the tragic news that one of my students from ULIM has died -- the indomitable Teodor Taranu.

I loved every minute of my Fulbright in Moldova, especially because of my work with the law students at ULIM .  Teodor was smart, outspoken, bold. He always challenged me and questioned me - and made our seminars much more interesting and enjoyable.

 Later he welcomed my USFSP students in Chisinau when Larisa Patlis and I taught the joint study abroad course, connecting my Moldovan and Floridian students.

I am so sad that this bright light has been extinguished. He had so much to contribute to Moldova. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Teodor's page in the Memory Book that my students presented to me
Teodor as an attorney arguing before the US Supreme Court (simulation in my US Constitutional Law course, held at the US Embassy's American Resource Center conference room)
after the US Senate Judiciary Supreme Court Confirmation Hearing simulation (held at ULIM), Teodor was the Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee
during our field trip to the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Moldova

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My ex boyfriend left me and my daughter six weeks ago after I’ve tried almost everything to restore my relationship, I was disappointed. Nothing was working out for me. A week later as I was scrolling through my Instagram I saw some testimonies about DR, dawn helping people to rekindle their relationship and fix broken homes, at first I was skeptical but I decided to give it a try and I made contact with DR, Dawn for her help, few days making contact with her everything changed automatically, my sadness became Joy, smile was all over my face, everything happened very fast and the result was perfect. I’m using this medium to appreciate Dr, Dawn , if you’re having any difficulty in your relationship.
    *If you want to conceive.
    *If you want to reunite with your lover.
    *If you need spiritual power.
    Dr Dawn Acuna is the only person who can help you: dawnacuna314@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +2348032246310

    ReplyDelete