Friday, July 20, 2012

ULIM

It was fitting that my first meetings on Monday morning were at ULIM (the Free University of Moldova). It was so nice to be back on campus! (This is where I taught as a Fulbright Scholar in 2010.)

Although I must say that walking up the 7 flights of stairs without the hustle and bustle of students in between classes wasn't quite the same.

My colleague Larisa (a professor of International Relations) and I met with her Dean to discuss ideas for a joint course for ULIM and USFSP students when I return to Moldova with my Study Abroad course in the spring.  We are planning joint seminars, lectures and guest speakers for a course on the politics and government of Moldova.

After meeting with the Dean, we stopped by the Library to visit the Library's Director, who we'll also be collaborating with on this project.

Both the Dean and the Director of the Library were Fulbright Scholars to the US. It is truly remarkable,the international network of scholars developed by the Fulbright Program!

It turns out there is now a "yellow chair" restaurant, Galbenus, at ULIM! We had time for a quick bite after our meeting. More zeama and salata shopski!

For more information about ULIM, see  http://www.ulim.md/










No comments:

Post a Comment