Sunday, July 4, 2010

Gulf Beaches Public Library

Major find at the Gulf Beaches Public Library yesterday! Usually our trips consist of playing with the puzzles and the puppet stage and finding age appropriate books and videos. However, yesterday, when I was putting a puzzle away, I discovered several shelves of books about various countries. Lo and behold, there was a book about Moldova!! We also checked out a book about the Ukraine and two about Romania.

Romania in Pictures: Visual Geography Series
Countries of the World: Romania
Countries of the World: Ukraine
Moldova Then and Now (copyright 1993)

We have enjoyed looking at the pictures and learning more about the history and people of the region. Peggy loves the brightly colored costumes of the traditional folk dancers. I am so impressed that Peggy can find Moldova and the Black Sea on a map of Europe!


Today we went to the mall and each of us got another set of passport photos taken. When we arrive in Chisinau, we will present these photos to the Embassy. The staff will assist us in getting a Moldovan ID, a legitimatie, that will allow us to live and conduct activities related to the grant.


Tonight I am finally starting to feel better. I didn't think either of the vaccines I received on Friday was "live", so I wasn't expecting much in the way of a reaction. But both arms were quite sore, and I found myself to be achy and tired. I guess the strategy of scheduling the vaccines for Friday afternoons and giving myself the weekend to recover was a good one. I go back again on Friday for the next round.


I was able to spend a few more hours today reading about Moldovan politics and government.

No comments:

Post a Comment