Wednesday, July 14, 2010

T Minus 5 Weeks

Since my last post . . . .

I received my Medical Clearance paperwork from the State Department. Both Peggy and I have received medical clearance for the trip. Now that the clearance paperwork has been approved, CIES is working on my paperwork. I head to DC next week for a Fulbright Orientation. Soon everything will be official.

I went for my 2nd Hep A & B vaccine -- and brought Peggy with me and we both got the typhoid vaccine. I did so much better with this 2nd round of vaccines. Was tired that night, but by the next day I felt fine. (Just a little sore in the arms.) Peggy was fine.

I ordered the textbooks for my classes thru amazon.com. Not sure if I will try to use the Diplomatic Pouch or whether I will bring them with me in a suitcase. Fulbright will be giving me an allowance for materials for my courses, and we will leave those at ULIM for future use in their courses and in their Library.

I have been in touch with a contact provided by the Embassy who will help us find an apartment in Chisinau. We were advised to find an apartment near the Embassy for a few days as a home base as we search for a long-term apartment. Here are some websites so you can get an idea of what the apartments are like. We are looking for a 2 bedroom (which I think is called a 3 room apartment) that is within walking distance to Peggy's school (the International School) and my school (ULIM) -- with internet access -- that is close to a market/grocery.

http://www.cvs.md/chisinau_rent_apartment.html

http://www.chisinau-moldova.com/


I am in Lesson 2 of the conversational Russian CDs. I should be able to get through the Russian 1 (and then I want to review the Romanian 1 again before we leave. . . )

I am posting this from Connecticut. I am heading to a meeting, but will post again about this trip when I get back

No comments:

Post a Comment