Friday, April 1, 2011

US Constitutional Law reunion








Of course I wanted to find a way to meet up with my students during my brief return trip. I was able to see most everyone in the group following one of their lessons at ULIM to distribute tickets to the event with Vice President Biden.

I also wanted to have everyone over for a meal. (I was delighted that I could rent my old apartment for this trip!)

I thought I could take a turn preparing some kind of "American" dish for them, after all of the wonderful Moldovan treats they had prepared for me. I decided that I could make a meatloaf with peas and cheesy mashed potatoes. And chocolate chip cookies for dessert, of course!

I brought some supplies with me from home (chocolate chips! not available (as far as I could tell) in Chisinau, for example). Had the same issues as I described in earlier posts when trying to bake brownies or Christmas cut-out cookies for Peggy's presentations at school. Lack of supplies in my kitchen (here you can see I am using a drip pan for a cookie sheet) -- and the need to convert Fahrenheit to centigrade, from cups to grams, etc., etc. -- quickly leads one to the conclusion that things may not come out just as you might hope. I guess I was able to put the "average" in "average American cuisine." It was fine. Most importantly, we had a delightful visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment