Monday, April 4, 2011

Vice President Biden's Visit






As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I was thrilled that Vice President Biden was traveling to Moldova. I believed his visit would send the right message at the right time -- and that it would provide a much-needed boost to the pro-Western, pro-democratization forces.

Fortunately, I was able to adjust my travel dates for my return research trip to coincide with the Vice President's visit. Even better, I was able to connect with old friends now working at the White House and on the Vice President's Advance Team, so I was able to help out with the trip as well.

During his visit, the Vice President participated in an Arrival Ceremony at the airport, meetings with the Prime Minister (that included a joint press conference), a big public speech at the Opera House, meeting with the acting President, and an event with Embassy staff and families.

In these photos: Stefan cel Mare decked out in US and Moldovan flags in honor of the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment