Monday, March 28, 2011

Cognac Factory Tour -- KVINT







Ever since enjoying the KVINT cognac on my birthday, I thought that if I could ever get to Tiraspol, I would go on a factory tour. I was absolutely delighted to have the opportunity to go on a VIP tour and tasting.

KVINT stands for Cognac, Wine and Beverages of Tiraspol

I learned that KVINT produces its cognac in accordance with procedures/standards from France and could petition for some sort of authentic "cognac" designation. Pictured here are their oak barrels from France

Also pictured is a "live corner" in the outside courtyard for employees to enjoy while on break (where there were also live birds and a stage for performances). Apparently these corners were a feature at factories and schools (where the children would help care for the live animals in the habitat/garden) during the Soviet Union. I was intrigued by the concept -- not just nice landscaping and/or a fountain -- but a mini habitat with living creatures that were to be cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment