Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tiraspol, Transnistria








Tiraspol is the capitol of Transnistria (and the second largest city in Moldova).

Much of Moldova's industry is/was concentrated here, which was evident when driving past its many factories.

We stopped in the Sheriff market (Sheriff is a major company in Transnistria, owning many kinds of businesses) and a smaller market across the street.

Earlier on this blog I posted photos of the Chisinau Bere taps/stands on the main drag of Stefan cel Mare. Pictured here in Tiraspol is a KVINT wine stand.

Of course I had to stop in this "Made in America" store to find out what they were selling that is made in America. (I must confess that I wasn't expecting to be greeted by large U.S. flag during our excursion...)

We also visited this central Cathedral. Of all of the monasteries and cathedrals I visited while in Moldova, this was the first time that I stepped inside during a service. Thus, I took no photos while inside. It was as beautiful -- and as gilded --as the other orthodox churches I visited while in Moldova.

No comments:

Post a Comment