Thursday, December 9, 2010

IWCM general membership meeting

More than a week with no blog entries! So busy as we try to pack in as much as possible during our last weeks in Moldova. I am going to update posts in chronological order. So, we begin with last Tuesday night (November 30)

Ramsay watched Peggy while I attended the International Women's Club of Moldova general membership meeting. This was the last meeting before the big Holiday Bazaar fundraiser, so there was lots of information about the set-up on Friday and the big day on Saturday. And raffle tickets!

I had brought with me several bags of clothes and toys for the Second Hand Shop (things of Peggy's, mostly 4Ts that no longer fit) at the Bazaar - but - we were also supposed to bring a toy for a child (which I did not have). The good news is we can bring toys to the IWCM holiday party in December. Whew.

At the next general membership meeting (in January) after the business portion there will be a traditional goat dance. There's still so much more to learn about Moldova, and it made me sad to think that I would not be here for the January meeting. (IWCM friends: please post/send photos of the goat dance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment