Thursday, December 16, 2010

President of the Constitutional Court, pt. 2







After our meeting at the court, we went next door to get lunch. I tried the solyanka, a delicious spicy Russian soup (with ham and sausages). (pictured)

We talked about the various Moldovan cuisine that I had sampled during the course of the semester. I had tried to sample Moldovan foods at every opportunity. And I must say that there was not a single dish that I tried that I didn't like. (Those of you who know me know that this is pretty remarkable.) Although I should confess that as is my nature, when I found something that I loved, I would go back and order again and again: zama!! (I am going to have to go on the internet when I get home to find a recipe for zama in English. Truly my favorite chicken soup of all time.)

When they asked how I liked mamaliga - and I replied that I had NOT tried mamaliga - it was determined that I simply could not leave Moldova without sampling this traditional dish. Plans were made for Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment