Monday, December 20, 2010

International Cooperation






I taught my U.S. Constitutional Law and Judicial Process in the U.S. courses in conjunction with the Law Faculty and my Campaigns & Elections in the U.S. course in conjunction with the Political Science Faculty, but I was "housed" in the Office of International Cooperation. This department oversees all of the international faculty at ULIM along with organizing many weekly events and programs.

The Vice Rector for International Cooperation, Gerhard Ohrband, and his staff did a truly amazing job. They worked tirelessly to make sure that all went well with my courses. I was very fortunate to be placed at ULIM and to work with such wonderful colleagues.

I wanted to host a Thank You/Multumesc reception for them. Originally I planned to have them over my apartment, but by this final week, suitcases were strewn all over the place, and grocery shopping/preparing a meal no longer seemed realistic with everything else I was trying to accomplish. When I won the gift certificate for Roberts Coffee, that seemed to make the most sense as the venue for our last visit.

Roberts was the coffee place across the street from ULIM and my apartment building. My favorite spot for meetings.

In addition to the International Cooperation staff, I also included some of the other staff I had the pleasure to work with, from the Library, the Rector's Office, the Political Science faculty.

Peggy came, too, and she was busy with her Russian princess coloring books while we enjoyed our visit. The added bonus: my friend Larisa was able to translate them for us. And showed us how to write "Princess Peggy's Adventures in Moldova":

Приключения Принцессы Пегги в Молдове

Since it is so hard to say La Revedere, as we parted we decided to get together for dinner one night this week at a Moldovan restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment