Friday, November 5, 2010

Brasov







On the drive out of Bucharest on our way to Transylvania, we stopped off at a mall with a *Starbucks.* When asked if I would like anything, I was speechless. Still getting over the shock of the existence of a Starbucks, I decided to go inside and see for myself. Wow. A real "American-style" mall. A carmel macchiato never tasted so good.

We had a lovely visit in Brasov on our way up to Rucar, where we spent the night.

The highlight was the cable car up the mountain (Peggy's first). I didn't realize we were there so close to closing time. And there was a brief moment when it seemed as if we missed the last car down the mountain, and we thought we'd have to get back down the mountains with 2 5-year-olds. Fortunately, that was not the case. The view from the top at sunset was spectacular

No comments:

Post a Comment