Thursday, November 25, 2010

Faculty Senate meeting; Diploma of Excellence






On Wednesday I was honored at the Faculty Senate meeting with a Diploma of Excellence, recognizing my "valuable contribution in teaching at the Faculty of Law" at ULIM.

I have found ULIM to be a vibrant and engaging place to teach, and I appreciate how administrators, faculty and staff have worked hard to facilitate all arrangements for my courses.

And I so enjoy my students! They are bright and enthusiastic -- and they have impressed me with their ability to complete challenging assignments in English (e.g., my U.S. Constitutional Law students briefing cases weekly and drafting their responses to the hypothetical case on the Mid-Term exam).

A special "shout out" to the students in my Judicial Process class, who are not getting academic credit for the course. They attend my lectures (early in the morning) on top of their other courses and work responsibilities, simply out of a desire to learn.

I will certainly treasure this memento of my wonderful teaching experience in Moldova!

No comments:

Post a Comment