Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Broke Down




When we returned from Odessa and went to download/upload photos from the trip, I learned that my cord was broken.

Since we were heading out on another trip to Romania just a few days later, I wanted to replace that cord ASAP so I would have more "room" on my memory card to take more photos.

(If I couldn't take any pictures, it would be like we didn't even visit!!)

So, I broke down, and we finally visited -- more than halfway through our trip -- the American-style mall here in Chisinau

Mall-Dova

We made a bee-line for the electronics store, only to find that they have no such cord. I bought a new memory card, so that I could at least take new photos, even if I did not have the ability to download those photos from the memory card to my laptop. (And then to you, via this blog) Ironically, the sales associate suggested that I try one of the shops on Stefan cel Mare in the city center (i.e., where we live)

Since Peggy had off from school on Wednesday, she schlepped around Stefan cel Mare with me in search of this cord. We started at the Kodak store next to the McDs. They did not sell cords, but I did drop off my memory card for them to make a CD-rom, so at least I could eventually upload photos. In all, we visited 6 stores. And we did secure a device for me to use to download my photos. It is a universal card reader, so, presumably, no matter what kind of digital camera I have in future, this device should allow me to download photos.

On a positive note, we did finally check out the Mall. We had pizza at Sbarro's. And we went to the French grocery store LaFourchette. So the trip wasn't entirely wasted.

See this site for more information about MallDova:

http://www.shoppingmalldova.md/index.php

1 comment:

  1. I have a universal card reader. Those things are life savers!

    ReplyDelete