Saturday, August 28, 2010

the apartment, cont.





This is the plaque that is on the corner of our apartment building, of Nicolae Costin.

These are flags that were hung along Stefan cel Mare for the Independence Day holiday

And this is the stairway to our apartment. As you know, we were to have had a 5th floor walk-up -- but we are actually one floor below -- and that is probably not a bad thing. We have very high ceilings in our apartment. Which is very cool. But it also means that there are that many more stairs between floors. The stairs are terazzo, so a reminder of home. The lower floors are dark at night, so I carry a flashlight in my purse, if needed. I have been surprised that we have not at all been phased by the 4 flights of stairs. Once I start teaching and lugging the books and papers/exams and lecture notes binders, it may be a different story. For now, I am enjoying the exercise

1 comment:

  1. I think that is part of the Fulbright fitness program!

    ReplyDelete