Saturday, August 28, 2010

ULIM









On Friday I had my first meeting at ULIM with my key contact, the Vice Rector for International Cooperation. We talked about my classes, the students at ULIM, logistics (such as the office where I will hold office hours). I am grateful that I have such a helpful contact at my university.

I learned that the General Prosecutor of Moldova and one of the co-authors of the Moldovan Constitution are professors at ULIM. I look forward to speaking with them about my classes here, as well as my research project.

Gerhard took me upstairs to introduce me to the Rector (President) and the Vice Rector (who is also a member of Parliament).

The Rector invited me to say a few remarks at the upcoming Opening Ceremony (which sounds like the Freshman Convocation). The President of Moldova will be there. I am honored to be included in the Program.

I also met the Department Chair for my Department -- who is on her way to be a Fulbright Scholar in the US -- she'll be at GW! -- and another professor in the Department.

I am very much looking forward to being a part of the academic community at ULIM

No comments:

Post a Comment