Tuesday, August 10, 2010

T Minus 9 Days


It's been a whirlwind of activity here as I try to make all final preparations for the trip. I signed our lease. I am working with Peggy's school to pay tuition, arrange for transportation. (I just learned today that there will be a van service to take students from the city center to the new school location. That is a load off my mind!) I have assembled all materials for the courses I will be teaching at ULIM. I've sent boxes of academic materials to my address at the Embassy via diplomatic pouch. Thanks to internet shopping, I have acquired winter boots, hats, mittens, coats for Peggy. (photo attached: Peggy trying on the new winter gear in 90+ humidity in our backyard in Madeira Beach!) And I finally got to our storage area so I could retrieve MY winter coats/hats/gloves. Some of you will remember the "chocolate monster/chocolate eskimo" (the LLBean full-length brown down coat) that was battle tested in the trenches that were the NH presidential primary of 2000 (and has since returned to NH for the 2004 and 2008 primaries). Now, it is heading to Moldova! Friends have let me borrow their large suitcases (thanks Chloe, LeaAnn, Naomi), and our living room is a disaster area, as I try to get things packed and ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting, Judithanne! I hope you'll be bloggin regularly from Moldova. I'm fascinated to hear about your life and experiences there.

    ReplyDelete