Saturday, August 28, 2010








Here are 2 photos from the School picnic that I told you about yesterday. Dr. Smith welcoming the families for the new school year.

These are the windows of our apartment (in the living room). When I first opened our kitchen window, I thought they must not have been installed properly. (As I've mentioned, everything here is newly renovated - new floors, new bathrooms, new windows, new kitchen and appliances, etc, etc) And I quickly put the window back, thinking it was about to fall off the hinges. When I went to Peggy's school the next day, I saw the window opened in the manner you see in this photo. My window does open both ways (see photos), but apparently opening the window fully, allowing in a big draft, is a no-no here.

The weather has been beautiful. Warm, but not hot. (One thing I do NOT miss about FL is the humidity). It's a cool, rainy morning. We have the windows opened, getting some fresh air. We heard the church bells ringing. The traffic. I am drinking hot coffee. All I need is the Sunday paper. (And cable tv)

No comments:

Post a Comment