Monday, August 6, 2012

St. Petersburg, Russia: McDonald's!











We left our apartment in Chisinau at 4:00 am. When we arrived in St. Petersburg we checked into the hotel and immediately went on a City Tour....that included climbing up to the top of St Isaac's Cathedral for panoramic views of the city. We were both so tired at the end of the day.  Peggy wanted McDonald's for dinner. Part of me wanted to resist. Part of me thought it would be OK to have something familiar. 

There are several McDonald's in St. Petersburg. None in the immediate vicinity of our hotel.  We learned how to take the #6 tram to another part of town to go to the biggest McDonald's in the city. (We felt rather pleased with ourselves for riding the tram there and back, and for going to a non-tourist area.)

Now that I have learned the alphabet, I could sound out the words on the menu....and I could "read" my sandwich box: Big Mac!

No comments:

Post a Comment