Thursday, October 7, 2010

the Birth of the Holy Virgin Church








When we got to the top, we walked around the grounds of this church. (The church itself was locked, so we did not go inside.)

I heard the kids talking about this crucifix -- which depicts Jesus, pierced, with blood dripping down his side. The blood got their attention, and one of the kids said, "He's dead." And I heard Peggy explain that Jesus was not dead. That he was resurrected and is now living in heaven.

At the end of the day, we were tired, and I was frustrated and disappointed with Peggy's lack of cooperation getting up and down that mountain. (The down part is coming next.) But then when I downloaded these photos the next morning, and recalled that story around the crucifix, my heart softened. And I decided to forgive, and to have a positive attitude at breakfast, focused on helping Peggy to understand the importance of cooperating and being a good listener.

Over breakfast I also shared with her some of the photos and the information from the guidebook about the sights we had seen on the trip. At the time we were looking at the scenery with no real context or understanding about what we were seeing. So we had a lot of laughs over some chocolate chip pancakes, of what it was like walking around the day before. "Here is a pile of rocks."

No comments:

Post a Comment