Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Supreme Court Lecture, American Resource Center








The US Embassy operates the American Resource Center -- which includes a library and conference/meeting rooms. (I believe I posted more about the ARC in a previous post, regarding the Grand Opening of this new location a few weeks back.)

On Wednesday I delivered a presentation at the ARC about the US Supreme Court. Of course, this also included Supreme Court Bingo -- and the usual prize of a gavel pencil from the Supreme Court gift shop. (Why did I not buy more of those when I was at the Supreme Court in April??) I am also pictured here with Mariana, the Director of the ARC.

Most of the attendees were law students from Moldova State. However I did have a nice chat with a law professor from the Academy of Economic Studies who came to the presentation. And I was pleased to see some of my students from ULIM as well, since this gave them the opportunity to become registered users of the ARC and its wonderful library. There were also a few interested members of the public.

After the presentation I had the opportunity to meet with the Embassy's resident legal advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment