Thursday, October 7, 2010

Supreme Court Bingo!






Supreme Court Bingo has traveled across the Atlantic - and the continent - to Aula Georgia at ULIM. Here are the winners in my Judicial Process class. Prizes included a US Supreme Court gavel keychain and US Supreme Court gavel pencils

It turns out that at about 2/3 of the way through my Judicial Process class many of my students now need to leave for another class (criminal procedure) which is a required course for them.

So students asked for extra "lessons" with me so that they could learn all of the material that I included on the Syllabus. Of course this warms my heart, and we will be meeting at Roberts Coffee today at 11 am to go over the material from Judicial Process -- as well as to go over their briefs from US Constitutional Law (some of my students are in both classes).

I learned during our conversations about the scheduling conflict that they are receiving credit for the US Constitutional Law course and are NOT receiving credit for the Judicial Process class, which explains the more sporadic attendance in the latter.

We talked about switching days for the course, but, I think we need to keep the scheduling as it is. And I will be happy to schedule additional meeting times so that everyone masters the material.

It is a pleasure to work with students who are interested and engaged - and who want to learn all the material to be covered in the course - even when they are not receiving credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment