Tuesday, September 21, 2010

219






This is my office at ULIM. Room 219. I share this office with a professor from Germany and another from Turkey. We even have a window!

I am told that there is not the same tradition of office hours here in Moldova. Professors teach many classes and often work 2nd jobs to help make ends meet. So there is not much time to sit in one's office waiting for students to come.

I am hoping that I will have students coming to see me in office hours soon. However, we meet in class all morning (from 9:35 to 12:30), and I have scheduled the office hours immediately following. But at 12:30 pm, after 3 hours of lecture, I think we are all happy to go get some lunch instead. So, I may have to think of another arrangement that works better.

I did have one student add me as a contact on Skype. And there is e-mail. And I just gave my Con Law students my cell phone number today. So, I hope that in the near future, there will be more opportunities to meet with students outside of class. (Perhaps during our courtroom visits?)

No comments:

Post a Comment