Saturday, September 11, 2010

Art Market






We went back to the art market. I wanted to buy more of the nesting doll-style fridge magnets (so we could hang more of Peggy's papers from school) and keychain (my first one broke). I also wanted to go back for the souvenir coffee mugs. I have been drinking my coffee out of teacups -- and I really needed a *mug.* I have been looking in the shops and at the central market -- and decided that the best option would be the souvenir Moldova mugs that I had seen at the Art Market.

I also came across these fabulous dolls. I decided to go back with Peggy after school so she could pick out her favorite one. We ended up buying a family -- they are so beautifully made! I don't think you can quite see the detail in the painted faces or in the socks, shoes and traditional Moldovan costumes.

I also picked up a scarf for me so we could start exploring the beautiful orthodox churches here

Also pictured -- this morning's pancakes. We used up the 2 packages of our favorite Betty Crocker Choc Chip muffin mix that I had brought with us. Now, I am on my own! I looked up several pancake recipes on the internet - but - I didn't like the looks of them (same portions of flour and sugar?! yuck) So I improvised. They came out quite well! I was proud of myself. (Maybe I deserve my spot in the Cooking Club back home after all ;-) I think next time I'll use less milk and less chocolate (!) - but - I was quite pleased with how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment