Sunday, September 19, 2010

La Taifas







For a treat on Sunday night, we went out to La Taifas for dinner. This restaurant serves traditional Moldovan cuisine. Perhaps a bit tourist-y. (Of course, this means we loved it!)

Peggy loved looking at the dioramas of Moldovan lifestyles.

And we especially enjoyed the musicians. There was a 4-piece ensemble that included a violinist, an accordion, a nie (the Moldovan pan flute), and a tsimbala (hammer dulcimer). I was so glad that Peggy could see a musician play the nie. And she was fascinated by the tsimbala. I instructed Peggy to ask her piano teacher to open the lid of the piano so she could see the strings/hammers inside. (I was trying to explain the similarities between the piano and the tsimbala)

Pictured here are the zuma (a chicken noodle soup) and Moldovan meat balls that we ordered for diner. I have had that chicken noodle soup at a few restaurants here. It is sooooooooo tasty. I would have to say it is the best chicken noodle soup I have ever had. I wonder what it is that makes this chicken noodle soup so far superior to that I have had back home?

No comments:

Post a Comment