Wednesday, September 15, 2010

home






Well, this is our 4th week in Moldova -- and we now have an oven! And a microwave!

Our first few weeks were more like "indoor camping" -- with our burners, one small saucepan and one small frying pan and precious few utensils. Now, we have an oven!! I am so excited! Trying to think of what we should cook/bake first.

My closet arrived yesterday. I can get ready in my room!

And, now that the blinds were installed, it no longer feels like we are living in a fishbowl. (All we had were sheer curtains, which did not provide any privacy, especially at night)

So we are digging our new blinds. They were even installed on the french doors in my bedroom (see photo). I love how they are clipped on the bottom. This way, if we tip the windows down, they don't hang off. Pretty cool.

I also learned that Peggy's bedside tables can be moved (I thought they were attached to her headboard. . . ) So I now have a bedside table as well. No more fretting about my glasses on the floor.

Slowly but surely we are acquiring what we need for the apartment. And it's starting to feel more like a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment