Thursday, September 23, 2010

Korean Event at ULIM







As I have mentioned before, the Vice Rector for International Cooperation organizes several international events at ULIM each week.

On Thursday was an event featuring Korean cultural events; the Korean Consul participated in the event as well.

The event took place in the lobby near the main entrance to ULIM and was well attended.

In these photos you can see the Rector and Vice Rector (Seated near the podium), as well as the first installment of photos of the performances.

I arrived late (as soon as I could after class and office hours) - so I missed the introduction regarding this group of Moldovan musicians who performed. They were *fantastic*

Of course, I was pleased when the nai came out. And check this out -- there are Moldovan bagpipes! Who knew?! I will find out what they are called and update you in a future post. It looks much different from other bagpipes I have seen -- it is in 2 of the photos -- looks more like a big pillow cushion

No comments:

Post a Comment